Calicoforum.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calico m-100 .22 ejecting problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Calicoforum.com Forum Index -> M-100 .22LR Carbines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisonburger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Calico m-100 .22 ejecting problem Reply with quote

EDIT2: My calico M-100 works now!!!! Replacing the ejecting parts of the gun fixed it. It wasnt working at first because it needed to be worn in. After you shoot 500 rounds threw the gun when the new parts are in it ,the m-100 will work.

Hi everyone

I just purchased a calico .22 (M-100) today with a 100 round mag. The gun will not eject casings well and the mag is in poor condition. Are ejector parts and internal mag parts avalible anywhere?

Does anyone know if the magazine is repairable ? Also this is an older calico, will it be compatible with the magazines that are for sale on the website's store?

Thanks , bisonburger

EDIT: I fixed the magazine.I still would like to know if the new magazines are compatible.

Last edited by bisonburger on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bisonburger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know?
BumpfireBOB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Parts are available online from Calico Reply with quote

Click on the “Calico Store” pull down menu and you can view the complete list of replacement parts and accessories available for your Carbines and Pistols.

Use the following link to be directed to the 22LR parts kits section of the shopping cart: http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/store/index.php/cPath/1_8_87

Attached is the forum link to some maintenance tips that may be helpful:
http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77

Safe Shooting!

Bob.
bisonburger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you bumpfirebob.I will call calico this week.

By the way how do you "bump fire" ?

Thanks, bisonburger
BumpfireBOB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Bumpfiring Techniques from Poormans Machine Gun Reply with quote

You may find this site useful:

http://www.poormans-machinegun.com/
bisonburger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the site bumpfirebob. I tried using a rubber band on my calico to bumpfire but no luck. Are you able to bumpfire with a calico m-100?

Thanks,
bisonburger
BumpfireBOB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Yes I bumpfire my M-100's Reply with quote

Yes, I use the rubber band technique and it works fine once you get used to it.

Not that I am endorsing anyone's product line, but the P.M.M.G. site also offers DVD's demonstrating the techniques in a manner much better than I could in writing. This is the only site I have found thus far that is dedicated to bumpfiring. However, if anyone knows of any other sites please share them with the rest of us.

Moreover, I have learned where the sweet spot is on my trigger and can use my index finger just as effectively and empty a 100 round Magazine in about 6 seconds.

Check out this forum posting demonstrating bumpfiring the 22 pistol:
http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87

From your posts, I gather that your M-100 is used and needs some care to restore it back to its full recreational potential. Calico's 22 firearms and Magazines are unique and will require some effort on your part to understand how to properly field strip and maintain them.

I remember when I bought my first Calico M-100 almost 20 years ago. When it came time to field strip the gun and magazines, I was a little intimidated at first and was impatient. Consequently, when it came to maintaining the Carbine and Magazines, I made my share of mistakes mainly because I did not take the time to throughly read and understand the instructions and ask for help.

With the above in mind, I have done my best to document what I have learned. To fully appreciate and enjoy shooting these fantastic firearms, I implore you to invest the time necessary to study and utilize the information from the tips and websites I have posted and ask questions. http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77

Enjoy the journey, it is well worth it.

Safe Shooting.

Bob.
bisonburger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Ordering Online Reply with quote

Hi bumpfirebob ,

Is it safe to order off of calicos online store because none of the pictures are appearing for me. Have you ordered off of their website before?

Thanks,
bisonburger
BumpfireBOB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Yes I have ordered parts online Reply with quote

I have ordered and received parts last week. Moreover, I noticed that there was no price increase for 2008.

All of the part numbers appear to match up with the safety and instruction manuals.

I called the Calico office and left a message about this same issue.

I received a return call the next day stating that they will load pictures as soon as possible and was assured that all of the part numbers match up with the manuals.

Keep on Bump Firing!

Bob.
bisonburger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for telling them about the image problem.Looks like they are fixing the photos right now!

When I go to buy the item there is three *** next to it

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process.

What do I do?
BUMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bison B

Looks like if you're trying to buy more than they have in stock, you get the ***. If you're only trying to buy ONE then they don't have it & you'll prolly have to wait.
I'm glad they're back though. I'm making up a shopping list for when I can *see* what I'm buying.

Bump
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington
BumpfireBOB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Inquiring minds want to know Reply with quote

For some reason, this did not happen to me when I ordered parts about 3 weeks ago.

May I suggest that you send a quick email to Calico and ask them about this situation.

Thanks.

Bob.
big shrek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be another solution for your feed/eject problem...

Kidnapped from the Calico Fans Website (Unnoficial) http://207.234.249.73/gunfax/calico/calico.htm

"Is your M-100 having problems feeding ammo into the chamber? Here's how I fixed mine.

I removed the barrel and used a small triangular file to slowly round the upper edge of the breech (see drawing). This created a very small, rounded feed ramp. Next I polished the area with 000 steel wool to make it very smooth. I then ran a brass cleaning brush through the barrel twice, and cleaned the barrel as I would normally.

I found it necessary to file and polish a bit more after the initial work. Then after cleaning it again, I loaded a half-dozen rounds into the magazine, wound it up, and (with safety on) I worked the bolt. The new feed ramp allowed the M-100 to strip, chamber, and eject all the rounds properly.

I then loaded the magazine and did a shooting test. The gun went on to shoot 400 rounds of randomly-selected ammo types flawlessly. I fixed the thing in less than an hour. It shoots anything I feed it, and I can finally achieve a rate of fire that sounds like a small machine gun! I like it!

Note: The area I filed and polished was a bit smaller then the outline shows. It doesn't take much. I was very careful not to scratch the chrome bore lining farther down than the area I filed. This may work on other guns, too. Your mileage may vary!"

hope that helps...Cool
big shrek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, NOTICE...he ain't a gunsmith...so I imagine that if you went overboard with the file you might end up with a BIGGER problem...so if you try the above, be bloody careful about it, or seek professional guidance from a Gun Smith.
bisonburger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone,

The website looks 100% finished now and I do not get the out of stock thing anymore. I will order off of the store soon.

Big shrek that is good infromation you gave me but I do not think that is the problem.

EDIT: Just ordered off of the store flawlessly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Calicoforum.com Forum Index -> M-100 .22LR Carbines All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: